Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Moments

What are happiest moments? Meeting Scott, him becoming my boyfriend, getting married, having each baby in my arms. Getting to have a new house where we fit. And when it happens getting to Move in to our new home.

What is my saddist moment? 2007 was a hard year, both Dad and my MIL Sherry dying a few months apart. Having to hold Victoria just about every night as she sobbed because she missed her Grandma. Seeing my in-laws having a harder time coping with their loss because they had no gospel to help them. Struggling with the fact that I wasn't going to see Dad hold Logan for a very long time.

What is my scariest moment? It may seem an odd moment to some but I'd have to say when my best friend of 13yrs. told me she didn't want to be my friend anymore. She was going through a rough patch and had been doing drugs. When it happened my world crashed around me, and while I was out rollerblading trying to make sense of why; I nearly got creamed by a truck. I sobbed for a whole day, and I didn't eat for a week. I didn't really recover until I talked to another friend and he helped me see things in a different light. And I am happy to say that she and I are still friends, though not as close as we had been.

What is an embarrassing moment? It may not be my most embarrassing moment but it is like a double dose. I have a friend who would go out of his way to say something that he knew would make me blush just so that he could point out that the back of my neck and the tops of my ears get red too. So then I would blush more and he'd laugh more, etc, etc.

What is an exciting moment? When after Dad died I got to have a dream/vision where he got to come and visit with us as Dad, without HD, and ALL of us, including Tevan, as a family got to play games, have dinner, visit with him one last time, and say Good Bye properly. We knew he was gone, and we knew we were given this blessing to say good bye. I woke up with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. And I was happy all day.

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

Thanks for sharing these moments! Fun to know a little more about you!