Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crazy Eights




8 things I am passionate about:
1. Scott
2. my kids

3. Family

4. Family spending time together.

5. Church

6. Reading

7. Music, that makes me feel good.

8. Life

8 words or phrases I use often:
1. I Love You, Honey!
2. I Love You!
3. SIRUS!


4. Logan, NO!

5. Victoria put him DOWN!

6. I'll be back in a few minutes.

7. Are you ok?

8. Thanks!

8 things I want to do before I die/on my wish list:

1. See the Northern Lights

2. Go see some castles

3. Watch my kids grow up; See them go on missions if they want to

4. Go into the temple with Scott, and then have my kids sealed to me.

5. See them get married

6. Meet my grandchildren

7. Be there for my family, to be able to help whenever needed

8. To have Scott and I celebrate our 50th anniversary together, and know there will still be more, either in this life or the next.

8 things I've learned in the past/from my past:

1. Things Change. No matter if I want them to or not.

2. Parenting is funny until it happens to you, then it's hard.

3. Sometimes Friendshipes don't last, but they last as long as they are needed.

4. Just because something looks to be better, doesn't mean it is better for you right now.

5. Don't go to bed mad, it just makes you cranky in the morning.

6. Family is there for you no matter what, because they love you.

7. Something that was once embarassing really doesn't matter anymore, if it is even remembered.

8. You can never truely fit in anywhere until you except yourself for who you really are.

8 things I currently want or need:

1. To have Escrow close

2. To get out of Mom's house, before Christmas.

3. More patience to deal with my kids.

4. A nice complete set of Harmony Wood Knitting Needles

5. To be good at something

6. to feel important,significant

7. To be able to get the things the kids want and need

8. To be able to thank Scott properly for all that he does for me, to let him know how much he truely means to me.

8 Places I want to see/visit:

1. Scottish Castles

2. The Lincoln Memorial

3. The Great Wall of China

4. Scott's family in Oregon

5. Wherever Tommy and his family is

6. Wyoming to visit with Shan

7. The Moon

8. Heaven

8 favorite restaurants:

1. Home Town Buffet

2. Texas Cattle Co.

3. Marie Calender's, for the pie

4. Tokyo House

5. Olive Garden

6. Outback

7. Red Lobster, sometimes

8. Home with family is always the BEST

8 TV shows I can't live without/am sad to miss:

1. Bones

2. NCIS

3. Knight Rider

4. Heros

5. The Mentalist

6. CSI, all of them

7. Firefly

8. Charmed

8 things that happened yesterday:

1. Woke Victoria up for school.

2. Took pictures of Victoria getting used to Uncle Tevan again.

3. Took Victoria to school.

4. Watched my little boys play with my big boys.

5. Picked Victoria up from school.

6. Watched Transformers with Mom, Taron, and Tevan.

7. All afternoon and evening had family all over to visit with Uncle Tevan.

8. Did bedtime stuff with kids, and got to bed way to late. :)

8 things I look forward to:

1. Moving into my new home.

2. Going into the temple for the first time, as an adult.

3. Christmas, when the family will all be around.

4. The day that it doesn't rip my heart out to leave Sirus crying for me at school.

5. My kids growing up as good, strong, kind people

6. The day Scott joins the church. Whenever it happens.

7. Getting sealed to my family.

8. When I get to see Mom and Dad dance again!

8 things I love about the fall:

1. the crisp smell in the air

2. the smells of the spices/ things baking

3. the holidays, that means the family is coming home to visit

4. the changing colors

5. getting to witness the change of season

6. the comfy snuggly clothes.

7. the smells of fireplaces.

8. warm fuzzy socks!

8 things I need to work on!

1. Understanding others

2. Orginization

3. Keeping my housework up

4. Learning to cook, so that it's edible.

5. Patience with my kids

6. Patience with Scott

7. Getting to church every week.

8. Not letting my feelings get hurt very easily.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for doing this Torri! It was fun to read a bit about you and feel closer to you again. We are so excited to see everyone in a few weeks too! Hopefully Becca won't be screaming her head off this time! ;)

Ratliffs said...

I read this awhile ago but obviously didn't comment until now! :D The one thing I remember (that still stands out to me) is your "Parenting is funny until it happens to you." I'm not sure I ever thought it was funny (maybe fun though), but that item on your list just makes me chuckle anytime I think about it. I'm not sure why...maybe it brings to mind those times when the kids are driving me SO crazy that my choices are to either laugh or cry (since beating them is out)! Thanks for making me smile all day!

Brina said...

Those are great thoughts Torri. Thanks for sharing.

Torri said...

It's kinda funny you should mention that one Aimee, cuz I wasn't sure I said it right to say what I meant. But everytime I tried to rephrase it it was worse, glad I could make you smile though. I was more thinking of when we would laugh at the parents or their kids for all the weird or funny stuff they did, or said, that didn't turn out to be funny when it happened to us. For example if some kid had made a HUGE mess, I might have been one to laugh, but dealing with Sirus and just SOME of his messes, I no longer find them funny.

Ratliffs said...

I was kind of thinking along those lines as well, but like you, was just having a hard time putting it into words. It just didn't make it into the final cut of my comment!