Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ode to my Hubby!





1. Where did you first meet? At our friend Tommy's house. Though at the time he was engaged to someone else who had a little girl named Becca. The only things that stuck that very first time I saw him were that he was holding a baby seat and he had a nice, kind smile.


2. How long did you date before you got married? 364 days. We would have gotten married a year later, but it was a Sunday so we did it the day before instead.


3. How long have you been married? 8 years, and still some days it feels like it just happened.



4. What does he do that surprises you? Besides loving me for me, he'll bring me flowers. Out of the blue for no reason other than to make me smile. He does it a lot, but it still surprises me.


5. What is your favorite feature about him? His smile, always his smile. *Alert* cheesy line coming. Though on the night we started going out I actually told him that 'He had beautiful eyes.' We were sitting outside at night and there was thunder and lightning everywhere around us and it was making the green of his eyes change, from emerald green, to a yellow green, to a darker forrest green.


6. What is your favorite quality about him? He is utterly generous. He always wants to help family out even when we really can't. Once he told me he wished he could buy my Mom and Dad an RV so that Dad could still go camping, once it became to hard on him to go.


7. Does he have a nickname for you? Gorgeous


8. What is his favorite color? I don't think he has a favorite. Though he likes this silvery blue satin color, hard to describe, but we tried to match it in the colors from our wedding.


9. What is his favorite food? Um to be honest I don't think my hubby is big on favorites, he likes too much of anything to have to choose. Um here are some... ham hock and beans, corned beef and cabbage, steak, fish, though not salmon unless it is sushi, shrimp, any of his Mom's recipes.

10. What is his favorite sport? Hunting, though maybe I should say that it is his current favorite hobby. He doesn't sport/trophy hunt, but hunting is usually considered a sport. To watch I would say football, I think.


11. Who said "I love You" first? I think I did. Actually I think it was the night of our first kiss. But I'm not 100% sure. But the important part is that he Loves me back!


12. When and where was your first kiss? As for when, I think it was within the first month that we started dating, as for where, we were target shooting out in the desert with friends. And I was leaning against Tommy's bronco and Scott came over and leaned against me and kissed me, and left me feeling a bit dazed with a goofy grin on my face.


13. What is your favorite thing to do together? Alone together is always good. :) But I really do enjoy just going to the movies with him. Or just taking a drive somewhere.


14. How old is he? 30


15. Do you have any kids? 3 great loveable monsters! Victoria, Sirus and Logan


16. What is a hidden talent he has? He is a dreamer. It may not be a hidden talent, but I can't do it. He'll come up with these ideas, dreams, schemes and develope them, look into what he'd have to do, how it would all work, everything. Often nothing comes of it, but it's there in his mind to pull out whenever he needs a pick me up, a this could happen sort of thing. Sometimes I get frustrated because they don't happen, but sometimes they do.


17. What is his favorite type of music? He likes lots of music and all different types.


18. What do you admire the most about him? I could point out his faults or rather the things that I have a hard time with because they would be easier to list than what I admire about him, but I won't. I will say that I admire him, utterly, entirely, and wholely him. His smile, his kindness, the way he loves me, the way he loves our kids. How sometimes he seems as though he himself is a kid. Him, just him.


19. Do you think he is going to read this? Only if I read it to him so maybe he'll see it.



I am getting to being tagged kinda late, but I have been meaning to do it, it has just been taking me a while to actually sit down and do it. And the only person I am tagging is Mom. I know you don't have a blog, but I would like to hear these things about Dad anyway, unless it makes you to sad.

2 comments:

templework said...

oh! Oh! OH!
LOVE the photos!!!

Love the frogs! - SMILE

(The quote says:
"If you build it...they will come"

Do you think your Mom would blog - if you all 'built' her one???)

((HUGS))

Brina said...

I was thinking the same thing about mom but I didn't want to ask. Maybe she could just tell us sometime. Or maybe Sis Hall is right and she would start a blog.

I enjoyed hearing your comments about Scott. It was nice. :)