Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

We spent our Sunday afternoon making a 'Sunday Game' as Victoria says. Though for a game to fit that description to her you just have to play the game on Sunday. So I thought it would be a good idea to have actual 'Sunday Games' or maybe more church oriented games. So Mom went and found a game in an old Friends magazine, while I worked on creating a game. So anyway we picked 24 primary songs that the kids might know, might listen to, and that are fun to do. And then we found a small picture to go with that was fun to look at so that they could pick songs from the pictures. I don't know if it will be a hit or not, but my kids aren't as fond of Primary Songs as I am and I was hoping that this might change their minds.


Mostly we just used the LDS clip art, though originally I was going to draw the pictures. Mom saved me a lot of time by thinking up the clip art. Though for a few there weren't any pictures so I googled some images. The few that are shown here are Popcorn Popping, Once There was a Snowman, Little Purple Pansies, The Golden Plates, The Wise Man and the Foolish Man, and Hinges. As you might have guessed we couldn't find a good hinge in the LDS clip art, but when I googled it I got Optamus, and Mom and I both thought it was pretty funny. :) We also figured that we could 'upgrade' or add songs as they got older, and their attention spans lengthened. Anywho it was a fun afternoon for Mom and I even if the kids didn't have fun.

4 comments:

Brina said...

What a cute idea! I hope the kids do enjoy it. Great way to get them more interested in Primary songs.

Ratliffs said...

What a fun idea! I may have to 'steal' that one!

Stacey said...

That is a GREAT idea! I would love to make some for Becca when she is a bit older. Fun stuff!

templework said...

OH! What a fun idea!!!

Love the pictures!

((HUGS))