Monday, September 15, 2008

Repeat

It's not technically the first day of school (for the third time)but it feels like it. Victoria is still at Gateway and is still in the same room, but that is all that is the same. They switched her class to the half day schedule, so now she goes to school from 7:30am until 11:15am. But they are also given a new teacher, Mrs. Bisack, from Texas. I've met her and she is nice and is good with the kids. Victoria freaked out this morning about all the other kids on the playground, she didn't like them being there. She was playing hopscotch and when some kids got in line behind her she stopped playing and ran back to me. I know that this might be considered a moot point, but for the last 3 weeks it has only been her class on the playground, so like 12 kids instead of 50. She doesn't like playing with kids when she can't know all there names. She didn't want me to leave this morning, and to be honest I didn't want to leave her either. I'm not sure how she is going to do today, but I can guess what she'll say when I pick her up right after lunch. 'Momma I wanna go back, it's not over yet, it's not done!'
I'm tired of the changes not just for me, but for her. She has gotten used to things that aren't gonna stay, and it makes me sad that she won't see some of the people that she really likes anymore. For instance they had their own lunch lady that took them to recess and then to lunch, her name is Miss Chris. (She is also one of the volunteer crossing guards) But Victoria comes home talking about her every day, and how she did something to make the kids smile. Or even their teacher for the last 3 weeks, Mrs. Santiago, the kids Love her! Victoria does, she'll run around the house singing her name and talking about seeing her at school, and what she's going to tell her. It all just sucks!!! Ugh, sorry, a bit of venting, and I don't feel better.

2 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Stink. This has got to be the most frustrating school year for you yet! Hopefully this means that you won't have another really frustrating year for a looonnnnnngggg time :-). Hang in there! (Pass that along to Victoria too!)

templework said...

OH! MY! Hopefully it will be all settled - SOON!